Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Autumn Rhythm Number 30

 
This piece is by Jackson Pollock and is part of the Color Field movement. He’s considered an avant-garde American artist. When he first began to pain the formed part of the New York School. All of his pieces depict his state of mind because he’s an abstract artist. This piece is gestural abstract expressionism. Gestural expressionism expresses energy and vitality. It’s solely chromatic because there is no actual item being represented but rather is just based on color.

Although I am not a fan of modern art, I chose this piece because the only time I enjoy modern art if it can be used as decorative. This piece is only chromatic and does not depict anything which is why I like it. If I’m going to display art in my home I rather it be chromatic and not depict something unless it’s a photograph. This piece expresses the artist feelings, and I liked the fact that he was able to express himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment